Praying for Water at Watalii
Maranatha Kids • 10-Mar-2022
www.maranatha.org- This week, come with us to a remote part of northern Kenya called Ileret. You’ll meet a 15-year old mother of one named Dhawo. Her days are filled with long walks to a dry riverbed to collect muddy water. Maranatha’s water drilling team came to Dhawo’s village, called Watalii, to attempt a new well, but came across a problem during the process. When faced with a difficult decision, our crew turned to prayer. Your kids will see how God led the team and guided their decision, and they’ll also consider when they can turn to prayer themselves.
Pre-video Discussion Questions
- When have you asked God for help with a big problem?
Introduce the Video
In today’s video, Maranatha’s well-drilling team faces a big problem and turns to prayer.
Post-video Discussion Questions
- Well-drilling can be expensive work, and the team only brought a certain amount of supplies to use in this area. If they tried one more time at Watalii and came up empty again, they might not have enough materials to drill other wells. It was a tough decision to make, so they prayed about it multiple times. Why is it important to ask God to help us when we have a big challenge?
- In the Bible, there are many examples of people who went to God in prayer when they had a problem. Hannah couldn’t have children. Peter, Paul, and Silas were stuck in jail. Daniel had to interpret a king’s dream. They all turned to God in prayer. What is a problem or challenging situation that you could pray about?
- Help Maranatha to find water for as many people as possible.
- Help us to remember to pray when we have problems.
- Ask kids what they would add to the prayer list.
Did You Know?
- Maranatha planned to drill four wells in this area near Watalii. They ended up having enough materials to drill two more wells, although one of them was dry.
Up Next in Maranatha Kids
A Supportive Church Family
www.maranatha.org - This week, come with us to the South American country of Bolivia, where we’ll meet Daria Chipana. Daria is a church member of the Colina Ecologica Seventh-day Adventist Church. Her church family is very important to her, because as a single mother, they provide a support syste...
Saving for a Sanctuary
This week, we’ll travel to the northeastern part of India to visit a congregation in the state of Meghalaya. The Mynso Seventh-day Adventist Church was made up of earnest members who loved to share God’s love with others, but had a big problem: they had no church building. They’d meet in each oth...
One Day Upgrade
This week, travel with us to the African country of Zambia where you’ll meet a woman named Lilian. She’s a mother of 10 and earns a humble wage making charcoal to sell. Although Lilian has many challenges in life, she finds solace in church. Unfortunately, her church structure is inadequate. Your...