Saving for a Sanctuary
Maranatha Kids • 24-Feb-2022
This week, we’ll travel to the northeastern part of India to visit a congregation in the state of Meghalaya. The Mynso Seventh-day Adventist Church was made up of earnest members who loved to share God’s love with others, but had a big problem: they had no church building. They’d meet in each other’s homes, but it’s hard to grow your church when you don’t have an actual church building. The community didn’t think this congregation was legitimate, and even looked down on the members. But all of that changed when Maranatha came to build a new house of worship. See how these church members remained committed to their dream, and how Maranatha volunteers became an answer to their prayers.
Pre-video Discussion Questions
- Have you ever saved up money to buy something? What was it?
Introduce the Video
In today’s video, church members set aside rice at each meal to raise money for land for a new church.
Post-video Discussion Questions
- Why is saving money sometimes hard?
- Have you ever missed out on something fun because you or your family was saving money for something? What was it, and how did it feel?
- The Bible talks about the importance of saving money a bit at a time like the members of the Mynso Church. Proverbs 13:11 says, "Wealth gained hastily will dwindle, but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.” What do you want to save up for, little by little, to benefit God’s Kingdom?
- Be with congregations without a real church.
- Give us focus to save money for You.
- Ask kids what they would add to the prayer list.
Did You Know?
- The official language of Meghalaya is English.
- Meghalaya is the wettest region of India.
Up Next in Maranatha Kids
One Day Upgrade
This week, travel with us to the African country of Zambia where you’ll meet a woman named Lilian. She’s a mother of 10 and earns a humble wage making charcoal to sell. Although Lilian has many challenges in life, she finds solace in church. Unfortunately, her church structure is inadequate. Your...
Miracles in the Middle of Nowhere
This week, Maranatha’s crew in Kenya travels to “the middle of nowhere” to drill water wells for the Daasanach tribe. This place, called Ileret, is very far from modern civilization, so the team had to pack everything they’d need for a 30-day expedition into the bush. Once they completed the five...
An Expedition with Maranatha’s Crew
This week, travel with our well-drilling crew in Kenya as they make a 30-day expedition to one of the most remote parts of the country: Ileret. It would be so far away from goods and services that they’d have to pack everything they needed—food, water, gasoline, equipment, supplies, etc. All of i...