www.maranatha.org -- This week, we’re traveling to the South American country of Brazil, where we’ll meet a barber named Mariano da Silva. Every customer that receives a haircut from Mariano also gets a brochure about Jesus. He loves sharing God’s love with everyone he meets. But Mariano’s church was just a room in someone's house, and there wasn’t any space for new members. The congregation had to move from place to place, worshiping in tight spaces, without any room to grow. See how Maranatha helped to provide a real church building for Mariano, allowing enough space to invite new people to church.
Pre-video Discussion Questions
- Have you ever invited someone to church? If so, who was it, and how did you feel inviting them? If not, why not?
Introduce the Video
In today’s video, Mariano invites everyone he meets to a church without enough space for its own members.
Post-video Discussion Questions
- Asking someone to visit your church can be a scary thing—what if they don’t have fun? What if they don’t feel welcomed? What if they don’t understand what is happening during the program? Why is having a good church building an important part of feeling good about inviting a friend?
- Who could you ask to visit your church?
- Give us the courage to invite someone to church.
- Ask kids what they would add to the prayer list.
Did You Know?
- Maranatha has completed more than 1,000 projects in Brazil.