Invitations to a Crowded Church
Maranatha Kids • 28-Apr-2022
www.maranatha.org -- This week, we’re traveling to the South American country of Brazil, where we’ll meet a barber named Mariano da Silva. Every customer that receives a haircut from Mariano also gets a brochure about Jesus. He loves sharing God’s love with everyone he meets. But Mariano’s church was just a room in someone's house, and there wasn’t any space for new members. The congregation had to move from place to place, worshiping in tight spaces, without any room to grow. See how Maranatha helped to provide a real church building for Mariano, allowing enough space to invite new people to church.
Pre-video Discussion Questions
- Have you ever invited someone to church? If so, who was it, and how did you feel inviting them? If not, why not?
Introduce the Video
In today’s video, Mariano invites everyone he meets to a church without enough space for its own members.
Post-video Discussion Questions
- Asking someone to visit your church can be a scary thing—what if they don’t have fun? What if they don’t feel welcomed? What if they don’t understand what is happening during the program? Why is having a good church building an important part of feeling good about inviting a friend?
- Who could you ask to visit your church?
- Give us the courage to invite someone to church.
- Ask kids what they would add to the prayer list.
Did You Know?
- Maranatha has completed more than 1,000 projects in Brazil.
Up Next in Maranatha Kids
Overcome with Joy
www.maranatha.org -- This week, come with us to the country of Peru, where we’ll meet a congregation that has seen a huge transformation over the years. Prior to 2005, the Primavera Seventh-day Adventist Church met in an unideal sanctuary. The roof was covered with plastic and the walls were simp...
Caring for God’s Creatures through Se...
www.maranatha.org-- This week, we’ll be in Panama, where volunteers got to help with one of Maranatha’s most unusual outreach activities: a veterinarian clinic. During an Ultimate Workout, a mission trip exclusively for teenagers, Maranatha organized a clinic when they heard about the need for ...
Faith in Fortaleza, Bolivia
www.maranatha.org - This week, we’ll be headed to the South American country of Bolivia, where Maranatha built churches and helped expand a campus. One of the structures we built was the Fortaleza Seventh-day Adventist Church, located just outside the city of Cochabamba. Years ago, married couple...