Overcome with Joy
Maranatha Kids • 21-Apr-2022
www.maranatha.org -- This week, come with us to the country of Peru, where we’ll meet a congregation that has seen a huge transformation over the years. Prior to 2005, the Primavera Seventh-day Adventist Church met in an unideal sanctuary. The roof was covered with plastic and the walls were simple tarps. It was not a great situation for worship each Sabbath. See how the news of Maranatha’s arrival brought so much joy to these church members, they were moved to tears. Your kids will consider how they might bring joy to others in the same way.
Pre-video Discussion Questions
- What is one of the happiest moments you can remember? How did you react?
Introduce the Video
In today’s video, see how Maranatha’s arrival brought so much joy, church members were moved to tears.
Post-video Discussion Questions
- In the Bible, Sarah received joyful news that she would have a baby, even though she was an old woman. She reacted by laughing! There is something about bringing people joy that creates a distinct reaction. Who could you bring joy to this week? What is your plan to make it happen?
- For us to bring joy to those around us.
- Ask kids what they would add to the prayer list.
Did You Know?
- Maranatha worked in Peru between 2004-2006, when thousands of volunteers served in this South American country. Maranatha returned to Peru in 2019, and although COVID postponed many projects over the course of two years, volunteer projects have since resumed.
Up Next in Maranatha Kids
Caring for God’s Creatures through Se...
www.maranatha.org-- This week, we’ll be in Panama, where volunteers got to help with one of Maranatha’s most unusual outreach activities: a veterinarian clinic. During an Ultimate Workout, a mission trip exclusively for teenagers, Maranatha organized a clinic when they heard about the need for ...
Faith in Fortaleza, Bolivia
www.maranatha.org - This week, we’ll be headed to the South American country of Bolivia, where Maranatha built churches and helped expand a campus. One of the structures we built was the Fortaleza Seventh-day Adventist Church, located just outside the city of Cochabamba. Years ago, married couple...
This week, travel with us to Kenya as we go into some of the kitchens of boarding schools across the country. Many times, these spaces are very humble—dirt floors, unstable structures, and open fires with poor ventilation. Once the food is prepared, students line up to receive their portion, then...