Giving Thanks Around the World
Maranatha Kids • 18-Nov-2021
This week, we look at how different cultures around the world give thanks. From church dedications in India, to well drilling in Zimbabwe, see how different people show their gratitude, and consider what you have to be thankful for!
Pre-video Discussion Questions
- How has someone shown you how thankful they were?
In today’s video, see how different cultures around the world give thanks.
Post-video Discussion Questions
- Why do you think different people show their thankfulness differently?
- How do you show when you are very thankful?
- In the Bible, King Jehoshaphat led Israel into battle by having his men give thanks to God as they went. “Jehoshaphat appointed men to sing to the Lord and to praise Him for the splendor of His holiness as they went out at the head of the army, saying: ‘Give thanks to the Lord, for His love endures forever’” (2 Chronicles 20:21). The Israelites defeated the enemy, and again praised God. Is there something you’re worried about that you can give thanks for in advance?
- To be grateful for all we have, and give thanks in advance.
- Ask kids what they would add to the prayer list.
Did You Know?
- In Peru, people may give the gift of a hand-knitted hat to show their appreciation.
- In Kenya, some of the tribes give beaded necklaces or bracelets as a token of thanks for their new church, school, or well.
Up Next in Maranatha Kids
Faith in Jesus
This week, we’re headed to the Dominican Republic--a country that is special to Maranatha as it is the first place where we organized a major construction effort (see below in “Did You Know?”). Today’s story takes place in 2015, when we met a man called Papun. His church used to meet in his home ...
Uncomfortable in Kiirua
This week, travel with us to the country of Kenya where we’ll visit the Kiirua Adventist School. The school started in 1989 with only two classrooms, but now there are more than 200 students that attend. Unfortunately, the buildings are showing their age, especially the dorms. Your kids will see ...
This week, we’ll be learning about the fascinating country of India! There are many unique aspects of this country, from the languages to the clothing to the religions. Your kids will get a taste for what India is like and meet a student at the Khunti Adventist School named Arzoo Warsi. Arzoo gre...