This week, walk in the footsteps of the students at the Chilimbe Primary School in Zimbabwe. Each week, these kids have to leave their classrooms during the school day to make multiple trips to collect water. It’s a long walk, and a big interruption to their education. Your children will have the opportunity to put themselves in the shoes of others and consider what life would be like without clean water readily accessible.
Pre-video Discussion Questions
- How heavy is the backpack you take to school or on a hike? If you have a scale in your house, put a normal amount of items in it and see how much weight you’re carrying around. What does it feel like to carry that weight?
Post-video Discussion Questions
- What do you think happens to kids’ ability to learn when they are constantly missing school?
- How would you feel to have to fetch water each week for your school or home?
- How can you help kids in schools like Chilimbe?
- For kids who don’t have clean water nearby.
- Ask kids what they would add to the prayer list.
Did You Know?
- The country of Zimbabwe has 16 official languages, including English.