Dedicated to Worship
Maranatha Kids • 01-Jul-2021
Discussion Guide below! This week, you’ll meet one of Maranatha’s workers, Luis Paste, on a construction site in Ecuador. Luis and other Maranatha in-country crew members help to prepare locations before the volunteers arrive. They complete tasks such as pouring concrete foundations and erecting steel frames. When the volunteers arrive, the team helps them lay block walls. After the volunteers leave, the crew does the finishing work to complete the building.
Several years ago, Luis and other workers were in Ecuador constructing a large school complex in the town of Ambato. Day after day, the crew held worship in the morning. Those experiences led to more in-depth Bible studies, which eventually led Luis to make a big change in his life. In this story, your kids will see how impactful worship and Bible study was for Luis, but they’ll also consider how they are staying connected to God in their own daily lives.
Pre-video Discussion Questions
- When do you feel God’s love the most?
Watch the video
In today’s video, daily worship leads to a big decision for one of Maranatha's crew members.
Post-video Discussion Questions
- Worship is a big part of Maranatha mission trips. Each day, volunteers and staff come together in the morning and evening for singing, prayer, testimonies, Bible study, and more. What is your favorite way to worship God?
- Do you think Luis would have chosen to be baptized if he had not been going to the crew’s worships each morning? How did those worships lead to his big decision?
- In the Bible, there was a team of 12 men who spent time with Jesus every day. We call them Jesus’ disciples. They weren’t perfect people—they made mistakes and sometimes didn’t act nicely. But over time, spending each day with Jesus, they began to learn how to love others better. In the same way, when we spend time in worship each day, we can get to know Jesus and His love just like the disciples. If you could plan your own worship each day, what would it look like? Try doing your own worship and see how it goes! We pray that it helps you to remember that God loves you very much and that He wants you to love everyone around you.
- To help us to spend time in worship each day.
- Ask kids what they would add to the prayer list.
Did You Know?
- Most of Maranatha’s structures around the world are built completely by our in-country crews. When the COVID-19 pandemic started and volunteers couldn’t travel, our workers safely continued to carry out the mission to build more churches, schools, and water wells for people in need.
Up Next in Maranatha Kids
Leaving His New Church
This week, meet a man named Daniel who lives in the African country of Côte d’Ivoire. Daniel used to worship in a nice church, but when he moved to the neighborhood of Abbebroukoi, he was astonished with how bad his new church looked and felt. The congregation worshipped under a simple patio with...
Turned Away From School
Come with us to the country of Zambia, located on the continent of Africa. We’ll visit the Kabwe Adventist School, one of the most popular schools in the city of the same name. It’s so popular and the facilities are so small, there isn’t room to fit all of the students. The school has to turn chi...
Jane's New Mission
This week, meet long time Maranatha volunteer, Jane Sines. Over the course of her life, Jane and her husband, Al, served as missionaries in many countries. As young adults, they served as full-time missionaries abroad. When their kids grew to be school aged, the family came back home to the Unite...