Come with us to the country of Zambia, located on the continent of Africa. We’ll visit the Kabwe Adventist School, one of the most popular schools in the city of the same name. It’s so popular and the facilities are so small, there isn’t room to fit all of the students. The school has to turn children away, many of whom aren’t Seventh-day Adventist and could be learning about Jesus. In today’s story, see how Maranatha helped this wonderful school to reach more kids.
Pre-video Discussion Questions
- Have you ever wanted to join a special group, event, or team, but for one reason or another, you couldn’t? How did it feel that you couldn’t be a part of the group?
Watch the video
In today’s video, see how Maranatha helped a crammed school in Zambia reach more kids with Jesus’ love.
Post-video Discussion Questions
- For the kids who couldn’t go to the Kabwe school because there was no room, how do you think they felt when they found out there was more space in the new buildings, and they could finally start attending?
- Sometimes people learn about God at church, but how is the Kabwe school like a church for many of the kids who aren’t Adventist?
- Have you ever found out an amazing fact and just had to share it with everyone you met? What was it?
- The Good News of Jesus is like this—His love for us is so great and makes us feel so good, that we have to share it with others. How can you share Jesus’ love with others in your neighborhood, church, or school?
- For us to look for people to share Jesus’ love with.
- Ask kids what they would add to the prayer list.
Did You Know?
- The city of Kabwe was founded in 1902 when lead and zinc were discovered here. Kawbe is now the fourth largest city in the country of Zambia.