Giving Thanks Around the World
This week, we look at how different cultures around the world give thanks. From church dedications in India, to well drilling in Zimbabwe, see how different people show their gratitude, and consider what you have to be thankful for!
Pre-video Discussion Questions
- How has someone shown you how thankful they were?
In today’s video, see how different cultures around the world give thanks.
Post-video Discussion Questions
- Why do you think different people show their thankfulness differently?
- How do you show when you are very thankful?
- In the Bible, King Jehoshaphat led Israel into battle by having his men give thanks to God as they went. “Jehoshaphat appointed men to sing to the Lord and to praise Him for the splendor of His holiness as they went out at the head of the army, saying: ‘Give thanks to the Lord, for His love endures forever’” (2 Chronicles 20:21). The Israelites defeated the enemy, and again praised God. Is there something you’re worried about that you can give thanks for in advance?
- To be grateful for all we have, and give thanks in advance.
- Ask kids what they would add to the prayer list.
Did You Know?
- In Peru, people may give the gift of a hand-knitted hat to show their appreciation.
- In Kenya, some of the tribes give beaded necklaces or bracelets as a token of thanks for their new church, school, or well.