www.maranatha.org - This week, come with us to the South American country of Bolivia, where we’ll meet Daria Chipana. Daria is a church member of the Colina Ecologica Seventh-day Adventist Church. Her church family is very important to her, because as a single mother, they provide a support system for her family that she wouldn’t otherwise have. Although the congregation is loving, they struggle with their rented meeting space. It’s a community center, and sometimes there are events that take place on Sabbath during church time. It’s disruptive when they cannot meet, and makes inviting guests difficult. See how Maranatha helped Daria and Colina Ecologica to create a new space that would allow them to continue spreading the Gospel in their community.
Pre-video Discussion Questions
- Have you ever shown up for something at the wrong time? How did it feel?
Introduce the Video
In today’s video, a church challenged by rented meeting space gets a new home.
Post-video Discussion Questions
- How would you feel if you arrived at your church, only to realize that there was another group meeting in it, and you had to leave and come back another time?
- When you think about inviting guests to church, why is it important to have a space you can meet in at the same time every week?
- Daria’s church family supported her in important ways—how does your church family help you?
- In your own church, who is someone you can support or show love to, and how?
- Show us the people around us who need our support and love.
- Ask kids what they would add to the prayer list.
Did You Know?
- Lake Titicaca, the world’s highest lake that big boats can drive on, is shared by both Bolivia and Peru. It stands at 12,500 feet.