www.maranatha.org -- This week, meet Athon Kamei, who lives high up on top of a mountain in Manipur, India. Although her village of Nagaching is a peaceful setting to live in, there are some challenges which make life difficult. The biggest problem is there is no clean water. Each day, Athon must walk down a very steep path to a pool of standing water fed by a spring. It’s not clean, but she simply pushes the green scum away and fills her container. Then, she has to walk straight up the path back to home. In the rainy season the path can be slippery—Athon has fallen and spilled her container. Then she has to do the whole chore over again. Your kids will see what life is like in Athon’s village, including its challenges. They’ll also watch how Maranatha helped and consider how they might get involved in helping people in the future.
Pre-video Discussion Questions
- What is the steepest walk or hike you’ve ever made? Or have you ever walked up many flights of stairs at one time? How does it feel to have to walk straight uphill?
Introduce the Video
In today’s video, follow one woman’s steep walk for water in a mountain village in India.
Post-video Discussion Questions
- What would be most frustrating to you about not having water if you lived in the village of Nagaching?
- What could you do to help bring clean water to villages like Nagaching?
- Give us creativity to help those in need around the world and at home.
- Ask kids what they would add to the prayer list.
Did You Know?
- The new Maranatha water well will serve around 500 people in the village of Nagaching.