www.maranatha.org -- This week, we’ll meet a group of Seventh-day Adventists in India who wanted to start their own church, but faced a number of challenges along the way. First, they were treated poorly by their neighbors. Then, they tried to secure land for a church, but were given a bad piece of land that used to be a lake. No matter the obstacles they faced, your kids will see how this group continued to grow, and how Maranatha eventually helped them enhance their school.
Pre-video Discussion Questions
- Have you ever had a challenge that was so hard that you gave up?
Introduce the Video
In today’s video, church members work past challenges to share God’s love.
Post-video Discussion Questions
- What is a problem or experience that has been a challenge for you recently?
- In the Bible, Job experienced big problems—he lost his children, his wife, his wealth, his health, his crops, his animals and even his best friends. Yet, Job turned to God, who brought him through that hard time. How can God help you to push past your challenges?
- Help us to overcome obstacles in our way.
- Ask kids what they would add to the prayer list.
Did You Know?
- The tribes in this area speak 60 different dialects.
- Before the Chwang School was constructed, elephants used to roam through the land.
- The state of Nagaland is the home to the world’s hottest pepper called “Bhut Jolokia” or Ghost Pepper.